every time windows is updated, firefox stops working; need to reinstall
Every time Windows (I have XP) is updated (and then the computer reboots on it's own), Firefox no longer works. I can't even open the program. I have to remove F. and then re-install F. Then F. will work. I've done this many times, over and over. Any solutions?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
I went to Windows Security Center and sure enough, Mozilla Firefox was not included as an exception. I added it to the list of exceptions. So we'll see what happens the next time I get a Windows update. Thanks so much!