how do you clear items under the "top sites" tab nexus 10 using 4.2.2
when you clear the history, the "top sites" tab', stays with the url's. How do you clear the "top sites" info. Doesn't make since that you can clear the "history" but not the "top sites"tab. They have some of the same info. What is the point.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Tablet; rv:19.0) Gecko/19.0 Firefox/19.0
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache.
The Firefox cache temporarily stores images, scripts, and other parts of websites while you are browsing.
Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies, do the following:
- Tap the menu icon located at the top right corner. This is the icon with 3 bars. On older Android devices you'll have to press the hardware menu key and then tap More.
- Tap Settings.
- After that, you will be taken to the settings screen. In the settings screen, look under the section Privacy & Security and select Clear private data.
- You will then be taken to a list of what can be cleared. Select the following 2 for deletion:
- Cookies & active logins
- After those have been selected, tap the Clear data button to actually clear the cache and cookies.
Did this help you with your problems? Please let us know!
Thanks for your help, but that procedure does not clear the info under the "Top Sites" tab located next to the "Bookmark" tab which is next to the "History" Tab. I've done the "Private Data" clear many times. It does clear the "History" but not the "Top Sites" info (which is in fact "History info under a different name). I'm using Jelly bean 4.2.2, if that might make a difference on how things operate.
The URL's stored under this "Top Sites" tab is redundant and there is no need for this information. It has stored info on sites that you may have browsed only once for an item, e.g. "Amazon.com .Bissell PowerEdge Vacum". This "Top Sites " tab is useless and annoying. At the least, you should be able to delete the info that is stored there under this tab. Thanks Again, Stinthum
Firefox Android must address this Top Sites issue!! At the moment the only answer to this basic lack of privacy and security seems to be: UNINSTALL. Am I right?
(drh1950 created a thread: [/questions/961902])