Can I publish a modified version of the portable version of Firefox
I want to create my own distribution Firefox Can I download the portable version of Firefox and add some add ons and modifications and then re-publish it ? If the answer is no What is the way to create my own distribution Firefox? Thanks
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Nexon Game Controller
- Pando Web Plugin
- Unity Player 4.0.0f7
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.0.0 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Runs 3-D games and interactive applets
- PlayStation(R)Network Downloader Check Plug-in
- Comrade Plugin
- QUAKE LIVE
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- OGPlanet Game Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, please refer to the section about "Software Distributions" at https://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/policy.html.
As I understand it the portable version is already modified by a third party developer. The portable version is based on Firefox, and I presume it thus inherits trademark & copyright controls from Mozilla/Firefox.
In addition to the link in the above post also see
You will note from the link in the first post that there are fairly heavy restrictions if you use the Firefox name and logo, and furthermore restrictions on what you must & must not do if you modify Firefox even when you do not use the name.