Home link in upper left corner of Desktop Facebook site does NOT work. Will not go to Newsfeed
Pressing the "Facebook" logo in top left corner will not work most of the time. The newsfeed does work..but let me explain this a little better. Say, I'm on a friends facebook page using the full site...I want to go to my newsfeed so I click the "Facebook" logo in the left hand corner next to the notification icons....poof....nothing happens, except, I notice the little padlock on the left side of the address bar disappear. I can let it sit and it will never do anything. If I press the facebook logo about 15 times, then it will finally load the newsfeed. It seems like some kind of issue going from secured to unsecured pages. It does not do this when I am in one of my groups though...odd. I have always had to use the addeess bar to go back to the newsfeed . This problem has existed through many versions of Firefox. No other browser does this.
Modified by Bruce0375
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r115
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:18.0) Gecko/18.0 Firefox/18.0
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache.
The Firefox cache temporarily stores images, scripts, and other parts of websites while you are browsing.
Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies, do the following:
- Tap the menu icon located at the top right corner. This is the icon with 3 bars. On older Android devices you'll have to press the hardware menu key and then tap More.
- Tap Settings.
- After that, you will be taken to the settings screen. In the settings screen, look under the section Privacy & Security and select Clear private data.
- You will then be taken to a list of what can be cleared. Select the following 2 for deletion:
- Cookies & active logins
- After those have been selected, tap the Clear data button to actually clear the cache and cookies.
Did this help you with your problems? Please let us know!
Thanks, but that is not the problem. It has nothing to do with cache or stored data. It's an issue with the browser itself as other browsers don't do this. Fresh, clean install of Firefox and the same problem exists. After pressing the corner home link in Facebook, I have to press Reload button in menu or go to URL bar and enter www.facebook.com (Enter) ...the browser seems unresponsive to that home button.