Update to the latest version of Firefox for Android
In order to use all the latest features and keep your information safe and secure, it's a good idea to update to the newest version of Firefox for Android. Firefox for Android lets you know when an update is available through Google Play, but you can also check it manually using the steps below. Follow the steps below to find out what version you're using, and ways to update it if needed.
Check your version of Firefox
- Tap on the menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser) , and then (you may need to tap first) .
- Tap on the , followed by . The version number will appear underneath the Firefox logo.
Update through your phone's marketplace
The easiest way to update Firefox is through your phone's marketplace. Your marketplace will usually indicate whether or not Firefox is out of date and prompt you to update it.
- Open Google Play on your device and tap on the menu at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on to see your list of installed apps. Your list will tell you which apps need to be updated.
- Firefox for Android will appear in the Updates list, if there is an update available. Tap on it.
- Tap on the
- Tap permissions message to complete the update. on the
Update through the menu
If you're unable to update using your phone's marketplace, try the steps below:
- Tap the menu icon (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser) and then tap (you may need to tap first) .
- In the Settings menu, tap .
- If an update is available, tap the button again to apply the update.