ASP.NET shortcut key(Accesskey) is working with 'ALT+Shift+Letter' combination, How to remove shift frm this combination
in ASP.NET we have accesskey to to implement shortcut key, in other browser like chrome , IE we just need to press ALT+Q, but in mozilla we need to press ALT+SHIFT+Q.
Q is just an example.
Now its problematic for my application users. They want to shift to Chorme, but I love to use mozilla, and want them to use it ony.
Please help me.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
In Firefox, Shift is needed to avoid conflicts with the menus (e.g., Alt+s for History, Alt+b for Bookmarks, etc.).
Your users can change their accesskey accelerators so that Alt is for accesskey in the page, and some other key is for the menus. This would apply globally to all sites, not just yours. These are the preferences they would change in about:config:
- Step-by-step instructions: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/930607#answer-352401
- To avoid conflicts, you also can change the accelerator for menus: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Ui.key.chromeAccess (note: chromeAccess instead of contentAccess)
Modified by jscher2000
It is usually best to leave those ui.key prefs at their default values.
Changing ui.key.chromeAccess would require to press the Shift key to access the menus and there may also be extensions installed that use shortcut keys and different locales may use other shortcut keys to access menu items.
Some access keys may be hard coded and impossible to override.
Modified by cor-el