I can not play a cd or dvd since installing firefox.
My computer used to play a cd or dvd before installing Firefox but now it doesn't even recognize the cd. These are professionally produced cd's containing investment information (as oppose to some homemade cd) so I assume they are formatted correctly.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- IBM 821 Conference Plugin for Mozilla version 220.127.116.111
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
This is really weird! This shouldn't be happening. What error message are you receiving?
Restart your system in safemode and give a try..
Nothing happens, Nothing shows up on the desk top, If I didn't know better I would think there was no cd in the computer
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY
If you uninstall Firefox, are you able to play the CD?
thanks for your reply--BUT--if I have to exit firefox every time I want to play a cd that is very inconvenient. I like firefox and don't want to have to go back to "the other guy"
Thanks for responding back. You did not try what I asked you to. I am asking you to uninstall Firefox, play the CD and see if it works. If it does, we now know it's Firefox issue, if it does not work it could be something else.