PDFs are going straight to save as
I wanted to get rid of the PDF.js viewer, so I followed the instructions on another thread that said:
"You can disable the new viewer as follows: type or open the address about:config search for entry pdfjs double click on the entry pdfjs.disabled;false and it will toggle to true You can then set things up the way you had them before according to your choice and OS."
Now whenever I click on a PDF the save as box comes up straight away. My Acrobat plug-in is enabled, how can I get firefox to start using it again?
Modified by elestano9
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Unity Player 4.0.1f2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
You may also have to set the action correctly for your plugin see
- View PDF files in Firefox_if-pdf-files-are-downloaded-instead-of-displayed-check-your-settings
You can change the action for Portable Document Format (PDF) from Preview in Firefox to use the Adobe Reader in "Firefox > Options > Applications".