How do I save stored passwords so I can reinstall my computer
I need to reinstall my computer and store my passwords in firefox, how can I save these on an external hard drive or elsewhere to use when I have reinstalled>
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Facebook Desktop Plugin
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
For that you'll want to back up your Firefox profile folder to the external hard drive and then restore it after you've reinstalled things on your computer. You can find instructions in this article - Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles
Thank you much appreciated
Note that you need the signons.sq;lite file and the key3.db file to restore the passwords.
The latter stores the encryption key including the master password.