Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

How do I save stored passwords so I can reinstall my computer

ceejay3101

I need to reinstall my computer and store my passwords in firefox, how can I save these on an external hard drive or elsewhere to use when I have reinstalled>

I need to reinstall my computer and store my passwords in firefox, how can I save these on an external hard drive or elsewhere to use when I have reinstalled>

All Replies (3)

For that you'll want to back up your Firefox profile folder to the external hard drive and then restore it after you've reinstalled things on your computer. You can find instructions in this article - Manually back up and restore Firefox profile data

Thank you much appreciated

Note that you need the signons.sq;lite file and the key3.db file to restore the passwords.
The latter stores the encryption key including the master password.