Home Page setting option is not working. Home Page always reverts back to Modzilla Firefox Start Page.
Home Page setting option is not working after saving a new or different home page on Firefox 19.0. When opening a new page (not tab) it always reverts back to the default "Modzilla Firefox Start Page" no matter what.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
Does How to fix preferences that won't save help?
That was it! There was a duplicate preference file in the profile folder. Followed the instructions under "Locked Preferences File" to
6. Delete any prefs-n.js files where n is a number (e.g. prefs-2.js).
Once I deleted it I was able to then save my preferred home page.
I am having problem with Firefox start page hijacking my homepage every now and then. I don't have application basics in list.
Modified by tfinniii