Recently saved MHTML files won't open, while earlier saved ones will open.
Recently saved MHTML files won't open in Firefox 14, but earlier saved ones will open. The only change I made recently to Firefox was to disable Java because hackers had found a way to use it to access PCs.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- WordCaptureX component for single click dictionary
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
I assume you are using an add-on to create and decode the MHTML files? You might check with the author of the add-on as to whether it requires Java or a newer version of Firefox in order to work properly.
I found the problem: Java has to be enabled when saving to MHTML format.