This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
mozilla wont start when i open the computer.
when i open the computer and i click mozilla it just dont start up. when i open my task manager then i end process the mozilla . then ill click the mozilla again it work fine . its very annoying please help me! i already make a new account but it doesn't work either im helpless.. i have no extension ..
All Replies (8)
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox and any leftover program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps one by one:
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu) and confirm all upcoming messages.
- Now, uninstall Firefox by following the steps mentioned in the Uninstall Firefox article.
IMPORTANT: On Windows, the uninstaller has the option to remove your personal data and settings. Make sure that you do not check this option; otherwise all of your bookmarks, passwords, extensions, user customizations and other Firefox user profile data will be removed from your computer.
After uninstalling Firefox on Windows, delete the "Mozilla Firefox" program folder, located by default in one of these locations:
- (On 32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- (On 64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the Windows Start menu and click on "Computer".
- In the Explorer window that opens, double click Local Disk (C:) to open the C:\ drive.
- Find the "Program Files (x86)" folder or "Program Files" folder.
- On 32-bit Windows, double-click the Program Files folder to open it.
- On 64-bit Windows, you will see a "Program Files (x86)" folder AND a "Program Files" folder. Open the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Look for a Mozilla Firefox folder. If you find one, right-click it and select Delete and confirm that you want to move the folder to the Recycle Bin.
Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
thank you so much for the reply.. i tried this ,, but nothing happens .. still the same ,, when i open my computer i open the mozilla then it will load for a while and nothing happen.. then ill going to open the task manager ill saw the firefox and the mem usage there just hang up also the cpu, then im going to end the process of mozilla . then im going to click again the mozilla icon then it will be fine ... please help thank you so much
Your security software may not have fully initialized and it is possible that Firefox is blocked because of this.
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
i try this also still the same
please help me any suggestion pls
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
sorry i dont get it ? where is boot screen?