"This Connection is Untrusted" message started appearing alot.
I started getting this message a while ago. It does not only appear with youtube.com i remember that it also appeared with google.com and probably some other websites. Not on all secure connections (https)
This Connection is Untrusted
"You have asked Firefox to connect securely to youtube.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure."
"youtube.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because it was issued by an invalid CA certificate.
(Error code: sec_error_inadequate_key_usage)"
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, maybe you can solve it by deleting the file in your profile folder that holds the certificates. go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information and click on profile folder/show folder. a windows explorer window should open up - in there delete the file named cert8.db & restart firefox afterwards (the file will be regenerated).
The file was regenerated. But after doing that if i try to open anything i get an error. But this time it is . (Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)
So , I removed the newly generated file and got back the old one.
when you get the sec_error_untrusted_issuer error on youtube.com & you attempt to add an exception & view the certificate - which issuer name/organisation is displayed there?
I did not try to add an exception.
yes this is just intended for further diagnosing the issue - what is listed there when you try once?
Issued by Kaspersky
please try disabling ssl scan in kaspersky: http://support.kaspersky.com/6851