I want my first pin tab to be the start up page when I open Ff and not my first regular tab that opens. Any suggestions?
I have 2 pin tabs and 4 additional regular tabs that open when I start Ff. I want my start page to be the very first pin tab that I have, but instead Ff opens to the first regular tab and not the first pin tab. Any suggestions?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Firefox treats pinned tabs differently than start pages. You can't set a pinned tab as a start/home page but you can set Firefox to open all of your tabs and windows from last time. If you do that (sounds like that's what you are doing), Firefox will load whatever tab you were using last. If it's that app tab then that's what will load. If it's another tab, then that one will load. Does that make sense?
Ok, thanks. That's fine, but that also means if I do want Ff to open to one of my pinned tabs then I have to make sure that is the last page I was on before I exit out of Ff. Oh well. Do you know if pinned tabs will be able to open on start pages in the future? Thanks.
If you close Firefox with a pinned tab selected and you have at least one regular tab then Firefox should select that pinned tab on a next start if you reopen the tabs automatically via Show my windows and tabs from last time.
I close Firefox with 2 pinned tabs and some variable number of regular tabs. When I open Firefox the next time, the two tabs previously pinned are unpinned.
App (pinned) tabs and Tab Groups (Panorama) are stored as part of the session data in the sessionstore.js file in the Firefox profile folder.
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak files in the Firefox profile folder that store session data.
Delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox profile folder.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost and you will have to recreate them (make a note or bookmark them if possible).