I keep losing tabs every time I close Firefox.
The last week or so every time I shut down my Mozilla browser, I lose all my tabs. I've tried going to Tools>Options>Show My Windows and Tabs From Last Time. Also reset my home page to yahoo.com. But it always opens with Mozilla Search. I lose all the work I've been doing throughout the day. I am using the most current version of Mozilla.
Very helpful. Thanks so much for your quick reply. I think this has helped solve my problem.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- SafeSearch the world wide web.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
First, when this happens, you might be able to restore your previous session using the button at the bottom of the Firefox home page, or using
History > Restore Previous Session
Second, if your setting for what Firefox should do when it starts up keeps getting lost, you might find some help with that in this article: How to fix preferences that won't save.
Do either of those help?
By the way, if you choose "When Firefox starts: Show my windows and tabs from last time" then your home page setting will be ignored, so that part at least is not a surprise...
Also, make sure you are not completely clearing history when Firefox closes. There is a note on this in the troubleshooting section here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/restore-previous-session#w_troubleshooting
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the "Browsing History"
- Tools > Options > Privacy: History: [X] Clear history when Firefox closes > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.
Very helpful. Thanks so much for your quick reply. I think this has helped solve my problem.