firefox will not open after i use it 3 or 4 times i have to update to make it work ?
Using XP pro after a couple years firefox quit working. will not open, went to support tried everything including a clean install. after which it worked for a short while then won't open. click on icon nothing happens. downloaded 18.0 update and installed worked a few times then quit. created new profile but when i click on firefox does not do any thing. if i run the update installer it will work for a while then quit to make it work again i have to update again ant it will work mabey for 1/2 to 1 day. after i update when firefox opens then it will give me the profile box. after it quits it will not load the profile box until i update again.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- ZwinkyToolbar Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Webfetti Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Tried several spyware programs nothing detected
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
I will have to wait until it quits before i can try this. i use windows firewall and AVG security