It says my browser doesn't support 128-bit encription
Warning - We did not detect that your web browser supports 128-bit high encryption. If you have trouble connecting after you click the "Continue" button below, you will need to upgrade your web browser to a version that supports 128-bit encryption.
How do I fix this?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Firefox will match the level of encryption the website uses, and Firefox is capable of higher encryption than 128-bit (256-bit if that is what the website uses). I think it's probably a browser detection problem on the web site's side!
Please report back to us!
You can ignore such a warning in current Firefox versions.
If websites complain about 128 bit encryption not available then that can be caused by the "U;" that is no longer present in the user agent of Firefox 4+ versions (Bug 572668 - Remove the crypto strength token from the UA string).
Firefox supports 256 bit encryption ciphers (AES-256) since 2003 in Firebird 0.6, so all Firefox versions support 128 bit and 256 bit encryption.
I had a similar Warning - We did not detect that your web browser supports 128-bit high encryption. If you have trouble connecting after you click the "Continue" button below, you will need to upgrade your web browser to a version that supports 128-bit encryption. What should I do?
You can just click the continue button in such a case and proceed.
You shouldn't encounter any problems if you do this.