Firefox crashes when I try to load babycenter.com
Anytime I try to go to pages on babycenter.com (except for the forums, which seem to work fine), Firefox freezes and crashes. I have tried removing the Firefox application, removing all of my user data, and reinstalling, and the problem is still occurring. I use this website a lot and will have to switch to a different browser if this problem cannot be resolved. What can I do to get Firefox to load without crashing?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- eMusic DLM 188.8.131.52
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox location bar (that's where you enter your website names) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the most recent 5 report IDs that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your forum response.
Thanks in advance for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
There is only one because I deleted and reinstalled Firefox this morning, after experiencing dozens of crashes with the previous installation. They all occur when I load the babycenter website. It does not happen on Safari or Google Chrome.
(If needed, I can try to load babycenter again and create more crashes.)
Type about:addons into your address bar, press Enter. Then go to Plugins. Disable Google Earth, then restart your PC. Does this help?
Mine crashes too. On this site and a few other as well. I routinely have to restart and don't submit a quarter of the reports I should. Here is my report:
bp-eee6a667-01c9-40ec-8314-fb5fa21301301/30/139:34 AMbp-42dd0339-f321-4107-a860-723b121301151/14/134:34 PM4A1B7196-A276-4455-A57E-48BF4434698212/14/129:58 AMbp-75057113-bc4e-4f36-99ad-4840a212102210/22/1212:28 PM71506513-2FDC-48A6-A183-FFAE4592B4EA10/22/1212:00 PM
I have the same problem and found a fix that worked:
Go into your Firefox Preferences, select Applications, and change all of the "Quick TIme Player Document (video...)" to read "Quick Time Player (default)" instead of "Quick Time Plug-In 7.6.6".
I'm running Quick Time 19.0.2 on a Mac with OS 10.6.8 and it solved the problem for me. I don't really know what any of this means so hopefully it won't cause other problems somewhere, but at least BBC is fixed.