how to un installif not working via control panel and "If the Uninstall Wizard does not run, and helper.exe, is not in prog. file
i am selling my computer and uninstalling some programmes, i am however unable to uninstall fire fox. I have tried removing via the control panel and followed advice on support pages but the follwing are not visibIe in the programme files..If the Uninstall Wizard does not run, you can start it manually by running helper.exe, which is located in one of these locations by default: (32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe (64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe How do i uninstall fire fox. Thank you for your advice. it appears that part of the file has deleted and some parts remain?
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C)
- close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu) and confirm all upcoming messages.
- Now, uninstall Firefox by following the steps mentioned in the Uninstall Firefox article.
IMPORTANT: On Windows, the uninstaller has the option to remove your personal data and settings. Make sure that you do not check this option; otherwise all of your bookmarks, passwords, extensions, user customizations and other Firefox user profile data will be removed from your computer.
After uninstalling Firefox on Windows, delete the "Mozilla Firefox" program folder, located by default in one of these locations:
- (On 32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- (On 64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the Windows Start menu and click on "Computer".
- In the Explorer window that opens, double click Local Disk (C:) to open the C:\ drive.
- Find the "Program Files (x86)" folder or "Program Files" folder.
- On 32-bit Windows, double-click the Program Files folder to open it.
- On 64-bit Windows, you will see a "Program Files (x86)" folder AND a "Program Files" folder. Open the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Look for a Mozilla Firefox folder. If you find one, right-click it and select Delete and confirm that you want to move the folder to the Recycle Bin.
I am trying to uninstall Firefox 19.0. With nothing else running on my machine (Windows XP), I click on the "Remove" button in Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs and nothing happens. I open up a CMD window and run C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe and again nothing happens. How can I get rid Firefox under these circumstances?
Now, uninstall Firefox by following the steps mentioned in the Uninstall Firefox article."
Re: above, the steps outlined do not work. Therefore, unable proceed to next level. I am running Win XP, with SP3. Nothing happens when "Remove" is clicked in the Add/Remove Program.
FYI, my system indicates Version 20.0.1 but Add/Remove Programs shows Version 16.0.2!
Tried reset. Also, helper.exe does not work.
Is there any other solution to this? Kindly assist.
I am running windows 7
Re: this thread
My problem was resolved by downloading and running Revo Uninstaller. Firefox removed, and system running fine.
I am running Windows XP. No harm in trying Revo with Win 7.
If you are selling the computer you will wish to remove the Firefox profile and bookmarks, passwords, & settings etc.
I do not know why the remove from control panel does not work in some instances. One guess though is that security or backup related software is protecting or reinstalling files.