Configure Firefox to automatically install a Add-On without User Interaction
We have a security application add on that uses Firefox. I am looking for a solution to allow Firefox to automatically install the Security addon without user interaction. If a user does not accept the addon it would defeat our security application. Any way to do this? About:config or something else?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- SiteAdvisor browser plug-in
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
if this addon is directed to the general public then mozilla's policies say that it is mandatory to show the opt-in screen - otherwise you might even be blacklisted...
This application is being deployed in a Enterprise Enviroment. 20,000+ systems