Why can I not see my extensions?
I have extensions and use them every day, but when I look using tools>add-ons>extensions there is nothing there. If I click on appearance or add-ons I see something, but extensions just gives a blank screen. Oh, get add-ons simply says 'loading'.
I know my extensions are there, but why can't I see them? I used to be able to. I use XP and FireFox 17 (I think).
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.117
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1686
- MapsGalaxy Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- Intel Indeo® video 5.1 PD Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Do you have that problem when running in the Firefox SafeMode?
Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in SafeMode."
When in Safe Mode...
- The status of plug-ins is not affected.
- Custom preferences are not affected.
- All extensions are disabled.
- The default theme is used, without a persona.
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored.
- The default toolbar layout is used.
- Hardware acceleration is disabled.
It is possible that there is a problem with the file(s) that store the extensions registry.
Delete the files extensions.* (e.g. extensions.sqlite, extensions.ini, extensions.cache) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry.
New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files":
If you see disabled, not compatible, extensions in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the Tools button at the left side of the Search Bar (or click the "Find Updates" button in older Firefox versions) to check if there is a compatibility update available.
If this hasn't helped then also try to delete the addons.sqlite file.
This all seems rather complicated. I was going to try something when I read that all my open tabs would be deleted so nothing has been done yet.
Good news: I noticed that all my plug ins and extensions are visible when using Thunderbird :/