Ceating a desktop shortcut for a URL gives an error upon click
After I drag to the desktop a shortcut appears. In properties it lists the correct URL. When I click to open the error "Unable to open this internet shortcut. The protocol "http" does not have a registered program. This happens with IE as well as Firefiox. FF is my goto browser. Win 7, FF 18. Any ideas?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1996
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Logitech Device Detection
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Make sure that you have set Firefox as the default browser.
Thank you! Sometimes te simple answers are hard to find!