Often there is an instruction; "Restart Firefox" But I've never learned how to Restart Firefox.
Often I've been following a set of instructions for updating or resolving some problem. At the end of the instructions comes the final instruction: "Restart Firefox." I'm always mystified because I've never been able to learn exactly how one is supposed to "Restart Firefox."
Your instructions seem to imply that this is so elementary, that no further explanation is required. I'm sorry, but I've tried very hard, many times, over several years, but have never been able to find any information about how one is supposed to "Restart Firefox.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Hello jmsmith88, "restart firefox" mean double-click on desktop icon to start firefox OR right-click the firefox icon (on desktop always) and select open. restart firefox = reopen firefox
Note that you also can use the Developer Toolbar to restart Firefox.
- Web Developer > Developer toolbar (Shift+F2)
Pressing the 'r' should bring up an help menu where you can click the restart entry.