Does Aurora close ads in new windows automatically?
Aurora sees a new window pop up which are ads and then they close automatically. Are they really closed? I don't want hidden windows open that I can't close.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20130125 Firefox/20.0
Firefox doesn't have any sort of built-in ad blocking functionality, whether in the release version or Aurora. The built-in pop-up blocker only prevents certain types of pop-up windows from opening; it doesn't close windows that have opened.
What you describe is probably the pop-up blocking in Adblock Plus. Ad pop-up windows that get by Firefox's built-in pop-up blocker are automatically closed. Supposedly, this happens so quickly that no connection to the ad server is made. And yes, once those windows are closed, they're really closed.