links appear where they should not
Using Firefox, links appear all over any website or page I view in places they should not. For example, if I typed that last sentence and posted it on a forum, the word "appear" would turn into a link. When I hover the mouse over it it shows an add for various things, without clicking on it. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Are they double-underlined? There are many add-ons that contain code to do this, some of which get installed by accident and others of which you might have installed not realizing how they behaved (e.g., VideoFileDownload).
I suggest going to the following tab and disabling ALL non-essential extensions, then restart Firefox and see whether the problem is resolved. You also could remove all the ones you do not recognize or do not really need.
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Extensions category
Likely related threads:
It turns out the program i downloaded to view CSV files added this problem. after uninstalling it and restarting it went away. thanks. And yes they were double underlined.