Page number and page range have disappeared from print dialog
Hello, suddenly in Firefox the print dialog is odd. There are no longer options on the main box for page range and # of pages to print, and many of the other options in the pull down are just blank. This happens with more than one printer, and NOT with those printers in Acrobat, Word etc. so I'm pretty sure it's Firefox. I am in Mac 10.6.8 with the latest Firefox 18.0.1. Thank you.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 184.108.40.206
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing FireFox Plugin
- eMusic DLM 18.104.22.168
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Continuing my question, here is a screen shot of the now incomplete print dialog. Has anyone seen this before? Thank you for any ideas.
Do you mean that that window is cut off like in your screenshot?
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
thank you. no, the screenshot is not the issue. This is an image of what a normal print dialog box looks like, and what mine used to look like too. See it has options for page range and copies in the top section. Suddenly, those options have disappeared from my box, so I am always stuck printing the whole thing.
Any luck with resetting print prefs on the about:config page?
Thank you. I tried that, no change. I see now that the page range and # pages has disappeared from the Safari print dialog box as well. But Chrome and non-browser software (Word, Xcel, Acrobat etc) still have those options correctly as always. What would impact JUST Firefox and Safari in this way? Does that suggest anything? Thank you for your help.