Firefox's ping is very high while other browsers have low ping. Download speed in firefox and other browsers are normal.
I'm using the latest Firefox browser for my desktop with windows 8 and i7 cpu+8 gigs RAM+512 VC. At speedtest.net the ping is almost 250 ( it should be around 5 only) while other browsers are only around 5. Download speed in Firefox and other browsers are the same having the same high speed around 40mb. I uninstalled Firefox completely but it didn't help.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.10.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
speedtest uses flash for speed measurements & adobe has introduced a special protected mode for its flash plugin only for firefox (so you might not observe it on other browsers), which might cause slowdowns especially when there is interference by other programs like security software. please make sure that the processes firefox.exe, plugin-container.exe & FlashPlayerPlugin_11*.exe aren't sandboxed/blocked/etc. by your security software & if there's an option to whitelist them, please do it..
I unistalled adobe flash then installed adobe flash 10.3 and it didn't do me any good. I returned to adobe flash 11.5.502.146 and followed the instructions here : http://www.trishtech.com/internet/disable_adobe_flash_protected_mode_in_firefox.php And same thing the ping is over 250. Firewall was off in all cases.
I don't what happens later....maybe I had to restart my system. It works fine although the ping is 15 while IE is only 5.