Problems with saved passwords missing
I am running Firefox 18.0 on a Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5. Recently, I tried to export my saved logins/passwords to KeyChain Access. I went to Security under Firefox. Even though I did not check "Obfuscate Passwords", it did so. It gave me a now useless XML file. I tried to import them to Keychain but they did not upload. When I went to look at "View Saved Passwords", none were listed. Oddly, though, when I go to websites that require saved logins, they are still available. When I tried to reimport the saved passwords in the XML file, I got the following message: "Import Complete - 0/212" followed by "Saved logins usually fail to import when the saved login already exists in the Password Manager." Additionally, when I went to "Manage Passwords", it takes me to Keychain Access, where nothing is listed. Any ideas? Thank you!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.5
- Version 184.108.40.20609
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- ActiveGS v3.5.903 : run Apple IIGS program
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- View PDF documents within your web browser.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Picasa plugin.
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- npmnqmp 071701000001
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Are you using this extension?
- Keychain Services Integration: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/keychain-services-integration/
The problem is that supposedly the passwords have already been exported. However, the list doesn't actually show the passwords. This is what I get.