How do I flip through different Firefox windows (not tabs) using cmd < on mac
On my macbook pro (SL) I still run Firefox 16.0.2 where I am used to be able to flip through different windows (incl the downloader window) using cmd and < (Swedish keyboard) which has been very handy. However on my macpro (ML) I have Firefox version 18.0 and can not use that key command anymore, any ideas as to why that is so, anyone?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Visar innehållet för Java-applet eller en platshållare om Java inte har installerats.
- Med QuickTime Plugin kan du komma åt olika typer av multimedia på webbsidor. Mer information finns på webbplatsen QuickTime.
- The iLok Client Helper Plug-in v3.6 allows you to use iLok.com to manage your iLok hardware keys. For more information, visit the iLok.com Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- Plugin for viewing Sibelius(tm) music scores http://www.sibelius.com
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Does your keyboard have a tilde (~) or accent key (`) that you can use with Cmd or Shift + Cmd?
See also http://support.apple.com/kb/PH4182 OS X Lion: If a keyboard shortcut doesn’t work
System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Keyboard & Text Input "Move focus to next window in application" should be checked.
Modified by cor-el
Thx a million! For some reason I needed to "reset to default" the shortcuts though I never changed anything.
System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Keyboard & Text Input
"Move focus to next window in application" should be checked.
I've done all that. The problem is that it doesn't recognize Spaces. I have four desktop spaces set up, and the shortcut for "Move focus to next window in application", which I've left at Cmd-`, only works in the same space.
Right now, as a test, I have 3 Firefox windows open: two in space #1 (including the one I'm typing this in; call them window A and window B) and one in space #2 (window C). Cmd-` just toggles me back and forth between A and B. To get to window C I have to switch over to space #2. And once I'm in it, Cmd-` doesn't do a thing.