hotmail emails not displaying fully
I just discoverd that Firefox is not displaying the full email in my inbox. I received an email this afternoon and checked it on my android phone. Then I went to my PC to check it because there were a couple of attachments that I wanted to save. So I logged into hotmail and found that most of the email was missing. It was originally quite a long email but only the first paragraph and the attachments were showing up in Firefox.
I checked it in Internet Explorer and it's fine. I forwarded to another hotmail address and it still didn't work. I forwarded it to a non-hotmail address and that one did work.
Also, when I click on Forward, or Reply, then I can see the full email below the new reply/forward email. But then when I have a look in Sent Items, it only displays part of it again.
Any idea what's going on?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.10.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Hi there, I've tried that but it still doesn't work
Might be a bug in Firefox. I can try to compare results using my Firefox and Hotmail account if you're willing to forward me the message. If it's a personal message, try to match the length of the email by copying and pasting some random paragraphs from the internet and just send that to me.
My public email is mozsupport at gmail.com which I will use to forward the email to my Hotmail account.
I don't know if you've looked at that email (I sent it to you last week), I've just tried updating Firefox to Version 18 and that email is still not displaying properly, tried clearing the cache etc again but nothing seems to fix it.
Sorry about the delay, was out sick. Can you resend the email? It looked too short and contained 2 images which I could see. Did you edit it?
Remember, if it's a personal message, try to match the length of the email by copying and pasting some random paragraphs from the internet and just send that to me.
I have a similar problem on the CenturyLink/Embarq mail system. It looks like the reading pane is very short and there's no way to expand it. I am on a Macbook Pro OS X 10.6.8 running Firefox 19.0.2.
Note that this is new, recent behavior. I have never had this problem until the last few weeks, so something changed, and, apparently, it's not the Embarq site this time, since the problem does not occur in Safari.