When I click on the Nightly Windows 8 Start Screen icon it opens the Firefox 18 on desktop, how do I open Nightly on Metro?
Nightly was working on metro at first when I haven't installed Firefox 18 yet but when I installed Firefox 18 and thought it would run on metro if I set it as a default program which did not, opening nightly both on the desktop and start screen would open the firefox in the desktop instead.
I uninstalled Nightly and downloaded and installed the version 20 for 32 bit. When I looked on the default programs to set Nightly all I could see is Nightly on the list but the icon has changed to that of Firefox's. I set it as default and still it doesn't open as metro.
Any ideas how to fix this?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.10.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Website Logon Plugin
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
This is because the regular central Nightly channel builds is only the desktop version. The version on Nightly development channel is at 21.0a1 now actually.
You need a build that has Metro support.
Many users state they cannot get Metro version to work on 32-bit Windows anyways.
There is this running thread at mozillaZine about the Metro builds. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2304983