After Firefox 12, some fields in forms in our help desk application do not display correctly. They appear as horizontal scroll fields instead.
We use a Help Desk system at work (BMC Remedy IT Service Management). In version 12 of Firefox, all fields are displayed correctly in the form. However, if I upgrade to any version greater than 12, some of the fields display as horizontal scroll fields (without showing the data in them). As such, I am forced to stay on version 12 for work.
Found this is actually a problem with the BMC Remedy system in use (version 7.1). Here are details if anyone is interested: https://communities.bmc.com/communities/message/256456Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.527
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2066
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
I have some screenshots which I can provide to illustrate this if it would help.
Found this is actually a problem with the BMC Remedy system in use (version 7.1). Here are details if anyone is interested: https://communities.bmc.com/communities/message/256456