On a Mac OS X 10.8.2 I can't read with firefox .pdf web pages, while I can do it with Safari and Thunderbird. Solution?
I have installed on my Mac not only Preview but also Acrobat X Pro. The .pdf web pages opened with Mozilla Firefox are blank, while with Safari I can see the documents. There must be a matter of plugin.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
We have seen reports that the Adobe Reader plugin isn't working on Mac.
Disable the Adobe Reader plugin in Firefox (Tools > Add-ons > Plugins) and use the external Adobe Reader application or Preview application instead.
- Firefox > Preferences > Applications > Adobe PDF document : Use Adobe Reader
PDF files may also be found under another entry like Portable document.
So, it's a general problem. Thank you.