restore book marks from firefox defalt.
I restored firefox to it's default state and my bookmarks are gone, recovery did not help because they were not in the backup file. Is there a way to get them back? Can I undo the firefox default state to get them back?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
If you reset Firefox then a new profile is created and some of your data (bookmarks, passwords, cookies, form data) is automatically imported and your current profile will be moved to the desktop (Old Firefox Data).
Do you have such an Old Firefox Data folder on your desktop?
You can try to restore the bookmarks from a JSON backup (you may have to try older copies) in the bookmarkbackups folder in that folder if copying the places.sqlite file isn't working.
If that file is corrupted then you need to remove it.
You can recover more data from that old profile (be cautious with doing that).