How do I change the browser window to make it narrower? Need to fit multiple windows on a wide screen monitor without having to use a horizontal scroll bar.
I recently changed to a wide screen monitor, hoping to use it to view multiple windows at one time. Now, however, the windows are just really wide. I tried to change the window size, but then I just ended up having to use a horizontal scroll bar-- which is really inconvenient for me. So, can I change the window settings so they just don't fill my whole screen? I'm not super computer savvy. Thanks for helping!
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
When Firefox is not maximized, you can use the four corners to resize the window. Once you've settled on a comfortable window size, please try pressing Ctrl + - (minus) on the keyboard until the contents fit in. To revert to the original size press Ctrl + 0 (zero).