My downloads are limited to 60MB. How do I modify this setting?
I used to be able to download files between 108 and 116MB without any problem. Lately, When I try to save files of this size, my download stops at exactly 60.0MB. I get the 'download completed' message and the scan for viruses starts, even though it saw that the file was 108MB. When I try to unzip the downloaded file, my computer won't allow me to because the file is 'corrupted'.
Is there a setting in Firefox, or maybe in Windows that is causing this?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Such an issue can be caused by security software that blocks access to the downloaded file and prevents Firefox from completing the download properly.
Firefox may be first downloading the file to the temp folder and move that file later to the destination folder.
If your AV software starts scanning the file too early (Firefox closes the file after saving each chunk) then Firefox may not be able to do that.