ALL HTTPS SITES LOAD EXTREMELY SLOW - WHY?
I am running windows xp + firefox 17 - any https site loads very slowly , while in other browsers no problem at all.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DivX Plus Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
LL HTTPS SITES LOAD EXTREMELY SLOW - WHY
It could be a problem with Flash or another plugin. You can try to empty the Flash cache via Windows Control Panel > Flash Player > Storage > Delete All. Likewise for other possible plugins that have a control applet either in the Windows Control Panel or Start menu. You can also try to ascertain the site requirements from them. On the other hand if it is a site issue, it would be best to contact the site about their requirements, and also perhaps request them to make it compatible across all browsers.
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.