Cannot open gmail page says server error, but other pages from google tool bar work just fine
I cannot access gmail from any opiton, web address, or tool bar. it gives an error of cannot find root? other pages from the tool bar work ie, utube, or g +..............I have checked my cookies and all are accepted. Specific message is: This page isn't redirecting properly Firefox has dected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. this problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Does this URL get you to Gmail?
I have alike problem: I can access my account on Google+ or YouTube but when I try access GMail or Calendar I see error message about invalid redirect to https://accounts.google.com/CookieMismatch ("server redirects to this address in such way that request will never complete") with comment that this error usually occures when cookies are disabled. But I see that cookies are enabled in FireFox Setup. What's wrong?
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
No, it goes right to that error page, thanks for the note, though.
This worked, thanks.....
I'm getting this error of my Mac OS X Version 10.6.8. Tried clearing cookies etc and it doesn't work.
Going to https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin? works but even after logging in, if I click on "gmail" at the top, it gives the same error.
Very frustrating. This works fine on Chrome and I'm trying to switch over from Chrome to firefox.
Any help appreciated.