How do I stop my Personas background from resetting to default everytime I restart Firefox or my computer?
I added a Thanksgiving Personas skin on my desktop and it defaults to a Blue Buttefily skin everytime I restart my computer or Firefox. I have to go back into the Add-ons menu and disable and enable the Thanksgiving Personas Skin to get the skin back on my desktop. I had this problem with all the Personas Skins I added on to my desktop, with the exception of the Blue Butterly skin, this one has remained.
How can stop the Personas Skins from resetting to the default settings ?
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Game Treat Widget
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1247
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Unity Player 3.5.0f6
- TVvie Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1993
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 107
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Exent® AOD Gecko Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
You can check for problems with preferences and try to rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.
I went into Firefox profile files and their isn't any file with the prefix "pref.js"
Windows may be hiding the .js file extension, so you may only see a prefs ans a possible user file.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
Hi, I went into the Firefox Profile Folder and deleted the pref.js file, and am still having the same problem. Would it help to uninstall and reinstall Firefox?
Do you also have that problem with other preferences or only with personas?
You can also check for problems caused by extensions:
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
Some security software has virtualization or sandbox features that may cause problems by protecting and restoring files in the Firefox profile folder.
I only have the problem with Personas. My firewall, antivirus is McAFEE