The mypoints and swagbucks along with several other add ons just disappear frequently and I have to reinstall.
I periodically open Firefox and all of my add ons are gone. When I go to swagbucks.com to reinstall the swagbucks toolbar it downloads it and re-installs and then Firefox prompts me to agree to install all of the other missing add ons. The same thing happens if I start at mypoints to reinstall.
Additional System Details
- SafariTracker Plug-in
- FirefoxTracker Plug-in
- ChromeTracker Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 203
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing FireFox Plugin
- Shopping InContext 33
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
I've checked the add ons list every time to see if they're there and they aren't.
I'm using Mac Os x 10.6.8 and firefox version 16.0.2
It is possible that there is a problem with the file(s) that store the extensions registry.
Delete the files extensions.* (e.g. extensions.sqlite, extensions.ini, extensions.cache) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry.
New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files":
If you see disabled, not compatible, extensions in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the Tools button at the left side of the Search Bar (or click the "Find Updates" button in older Firefox versions) to check if there is a compatibility update available.
If this hasn't helped then also try to delete the addons.sqlite file.
You can check for problems with preferences and try to rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.