The RealPlayer plug in update on the update page doesn't match what is offered at the RealPlayer site.
On the Firefox Plugin Update page, I am told that my RealPlayer plug in is outdated. It shows a version number of 126.96.36.199. When I visit the RealPlayer site to update my RealPlayer player, it offers only the November 15, 2011 update, which, when I download it, tells me it's version 188.8.131.52. Yet the Firefox Plugin Update page continues to tell me I'm outdated. What am I missing?
Additional System Details
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Motive Management Plug-in for Mozilla Browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.115
- Picasa plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Zylom Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Just updated to RealPlayer 18.104.22.1682. And yet the Plugin Update page still says my RealPlayer plugin is outdated. Is there some separate plugin that I'm missing?
Just updated again to the latest RealPlayer. And the Plugin Update page still says it's outdated. This is, at best, misleading. Could you all at Mozilla please look into this? At the very least, this calls into question the accuracy of the Plugin Update page; at the most, it tells me that I'm screwing something up somewhere along the line.