want to transfer data to another cpu
got a new computer, want to transfer data from this computer to the new one i proceeded to sync up - created an account (on this computer not the new one) the new computer is asking for the code number from this computer but i am not able to find that - it wants the code number from the new computer - why can't i go back to the beginning - why do i have to write this in a question instead of getting to a person? at 2 in the morning - where am i going to get an answer?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Hello - sorry to hear that Firefox Sync is being awkward. It sound like you're at the stage of entering the 12-character 'setup code'. If you have an already set-up Sync account on your old PC, what's suppose to happen is that you:
- Do 'Set up sync' on your new PC
- The new PC gives you a 12-character code to enter on your old PC
- On the old PC, you open the Options window (usually from the Firefox menu), go to the Sync section and click the Pair a Device link.
- You should see the window to enter the code from your new PC.
You can find more detail, with screen-shots, at [http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/a.../add-a-device-to-firefox-sync].
Hope that helps!
Modified by MatthewBabbs
Hi, I use Transfer FireFox data. But this soft coast is 6.95 USD.
Modified by cor-el