Java installed but states not working at java site
Hello, I was checking my addins/ plugins and it stated that there was an update for java so I clicked the link to update the program. After doing so and going to the java site @ http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp it is now stating that "something is wrong. Java is not working". I did restart the computer 3 different times as well as having uninstalled and reinstalled the program - restarting firefox and pc each time and the problem is still there.
When searching for information about the problem I came across a link that stated to go to http://browserspy.dk/java.php to check my java and it is stating Java enabled No or unable to detect... Java supported No or unable to detect... Java version Yes - version 1.7.0_07 Java using object and applet tag Java isn't installed or isn't working and that I also need an additional plugin (which I clicked to install - but it keeps stating that it failed and to install manually which I have also tried).
As per the link https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/ all of my plugins are up to date and the java plugin information states Java Deployment Toolkit 22.214.171.124 NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
which takes me right back to the page to download the current version and install it on my pc. Just how do I get java working on my pc - it is working with Google Chrome and it was working without any problems until I clicked to update it using the link through the about:plugins link.
Any Assistance would be so very much appreciated.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1997
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.526
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Bitdefender QuickScan Web Netscape Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2065
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Sometimes you may need to close Firefox to complete installation of plugins or extensions.
If the plugincheck page does not show this:
Java (TM) Platform SE U7...
Then most likely the plugin is disabled. Can you check toward the bottom of this page:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Plugins category
There is a security update available (16.0.1). You can install it using Help > About Firefox > Check for Updates.
I had a similar issue and I found this page really helpful for my case:
Modified by sgauria
You need to click on the plugin icon that looks like a little square Lego block, see here:
I think that box only shows up if you have the latest java version installed. Otherwise, you get something else indicating that you need to upgrade, and you can get stuck in the loop described in the original post, or at least something quite like it.