Launching Firefox gets the Mozilla homepage not mine, why?
When I launch Firefox it goes directly to the mozilla start page as if I never used Firefox before. Everything is blank, no bookmark, no history, nothing. Why can't I go directly to my homepage? This frustrates me so much I have to go back to safari. I would use Firefox.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- npmnqmp 071503000004
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 FBSMTWB
When did this start, and can you think of any possible triggering actions, such as an update or system clean-up?
Your browser reported to the forum that it is version 3.6.2, which seems very unlikely. Can you check Help > About Firefox and reply with your current version information?
(To fix an inaccurate user agent identification, check out this article: Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version)
The user agent corruption looks like a consequence of Fast Browser Search (FBSMTWB) that has created a general.useragent.override pref.
See these articles for some suggestions:
- https://support.mozilla.org/kb/How+to+set+the+home+page - Firefox supports multiple home pages separated by '|' symbols
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see: