Why can't I log in to the MyHealtheVet site when using the Firefox browser?
When I'm using Firefox and go to the MyHealtheVet site I never get the 'hand with index finger' cursor.
The cursor stays as an arrow and I cannot log in.
When I'm using internet explorer and go to the MyHealtheVet site the cursor changes to the 'hand with index finger' cursor and I can log in with no problem.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Are you starting on this page and you can't click the "Go to My HealtheVet" button?
Or is the problem on the next page where you have the login form?
Some add-ons have programming errors that can cause the upper part of the page to be blocked, i.e., that part of the page never detects that your mouse is over it. If you think that describes some of your problem, try disabling ALL nonessential extensions here:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Extensions category
Then restart Firefox and test again. Does that make any difference?
Actually, I noticed that the site uses some old IE-centric style rules that do not work in Firefox. Just try clicking the buttons even if you get an arrow pointer.