Set Firefox to open a new tab without selecting it from the context menu by two-finger tapping in Lion
In Snow Leopard, I had somehow set the two finger tap to open a new tab either from a link on a page or from my bookmarks bar, without having to select "Open a new tab" from the context menu. I recently upgraded to Lion and I can't remember how I set this feature-- or is it just not available anymore?
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
There is a plugin for this and you can configure it as shown in the attached screen to open all links from the web page in a new tab by just clicking on it and not having to follow the native steps
Link: Open Link in New Tab
Regards, Shoeb Surya
[link removed by Moderator]
Modified by cor-el