Bookmarks of Firefox Sync lost & Request to restore Firefox Sync data
I'm using "Firefox Sync" to sync the bookmarks between a desktop and a tablet.
On the desktop, the bookmarks include 2 parts:
- all bookmarks by "Firefox Sync" is updated to "Mobile device" folder;
- another part is bookmarks that only add/change by desktop and is unchanged by "Firefox Sync".
Last night, "Mobile device" folder on the desktop lost, but other bookmarks exist. since I haven't used the tablet and synced with the tablet for a month, all new bookmarks in "Mobile device" folder lost and cannot find out from the tablet. The bookmarks includes my important research; thus, I really want to get it back.
I've tried the following methods, but it still doesn't see "Mobile device" folder:
- sync bookmark with the server (I'm afraid that the blank already replaced the data on the sync server)
- restore the autosaved bookmarks file *.json
- move places.sqlite to another computer
Does Firefox backup their Firefox Sync Server everyday? Would I request Firefox Support to restore my Firefox Sync data on the server back to 3 days ago? Thanks!
Modified by ffkv3
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.0 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1244
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
We can't restore your Sync Data, as only you have access to it (using your specially generated Recovery Key you got when you first set Sync up). So we can't restore your data unfortunately.
do the bookmarks that you have synced exist on another device (Phone, computer, etc.)?
Thank you for your reply. It's so sad to hear that it cannot restore data back to 3 days ago. I've checked the tablet and the desktop, it cannot find out the data. I only blamed myself that I didn't backup the bookmarks...and I need to do it from scratch.
But I haven't understood why the bookmarks disappeared in the desktop without any error. I've just updated Firefox from 8.0.1 to 15.0.1, I hope it'll not happen again.