Cannot Open New Tab by Clicking a Link in a Webpage
Another "feature" caused by an untested release of Mozilla's daily "Updates....
When I right-click a link in a webpage and select "open in new tab", the new tab appears with the link name in it but I have to select that tab to see its website. Didn't have to do that in previous versions of FF.
Oh, yes, I UNCHECKED the "Don't open new tabs until selected".
I solved my problem when I accidentally double-clicked that parm and thus toggled it to FALSE.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Works okay on a Windows 7 OS.
Check this setting in the about:config window:
- browser.tabs.loadInBackground - set to false if it is not already false.
Yes, that parm was set to True:
Where does that file live?
You can check for problems with the preferences and if necessary rename or delete the prefs.js file and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs.
Such settings can also have been changed by an extension.
Set that setting to false because you do not want the tab in the background; you want it in the foreground.
Yes, but what is the name of the file I need to edit??
I solved my problem when I accidentally double-clicked that parm and thus toggled it to FALSE.