Just installed FireFox 15. Got message that no add on for McAfee Site Advisor. Really like this safe guard. Will it be available with FireFox 15 in the future? when?
Firefox has a Safebrowsing feature that will prevent you from visiting known attack sites, phishing sites, etc when you try to visit them. http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/phishing-protection/Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Google Update
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Fuze Meeting NPAPI Plugin
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
Just so you know, Firefox has built in SafeBrowsing that does the same thing that SiteAdvisor does (without the harmful side effects site adviser has from time to time). So you don't even need that tool. However, if you want it, McAffee should be releasing an update for Firefox 15 soon.
So, if I click on the link to a website that has suspicious behaviors, I'll get a notice before the website is opened?
Firefox has a Safebrowsing feature that will prevent you from visiting known attack sites, phishing sites, etc when you try to visit them. http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/phishing-protection/