This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Mozilla ActiveX Control & Plug In Support 220.127.116.11 causes my XP machine to get way slow. Is there a problem with it? I've had to disable the Add On.
With this Add On enabled, the system seems to be cycling in and out of repeated calls to "check" something, I suppose, adding an irritating delay to internet surfing. I have seen no adverse impact to disabling this Add On thus far. It happens on some sites worse than others but most are impacted.
Th Mozilla ActiveX Control plugin is causing problems and Mozilla have taken steps to block it. Over the next couple of days an updated blocklist should automatically be downloaded which will result in this plugin being automatically blocked.Read this answer in context 👍 1
All Replies (4)
Th Mozilla ActiveX Control plugin is causing problems and Mozilla have taken steps to block it. Over the next couple of days an updated blocklist should automatically be downloaded which will result in this plugin being automatically blocked.
Sounds good. It looks like you all were on top of the problem.
Copy and paste this code in the Code field in the Error Console and click the Evaluate button to force Firefox to reload a fresh copy of the blocklist.xml file.
- Firefox/Tools > Web Development > Error Console
You can remove the Mozilla ActiveX plugin ("npmozax.dll") and related files (if found) from your computer, if you wish, by following these instructions, copied from http://kb.mozillazine.org/ActiveX#Uninstalling_the_ActiveX_plugin_on_Windows
Uninstalling the ActiveX plugin on Windows
- Close all instances of your browser.
- Go to the installation directory (e.g., C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox).
- Go into the "plugins" folder and delete the file "npmozax.dll".
- Go back to the installation directory, and then go into the "components" folder, and delete the files "nsIMozAxPlugin.xpt" and "nsAxSecurityPolicy.js".
- Go back to the installation directory, open the "defaults" folder, then open the "pref" folder and delete the file "activex.js".